Your cart is currently empty!
BTCA, Inc. Code of Ethics
- Members must be professional and courteous at all times. Not only do you represent the BTCA, but all dog lovers.
- Establish a reputation of trust and honor among fellow club members and all interested parties.
- The BTCA members will work to the betterment of this breed and this club, as well as encourage others to do so.
- Be polite and honest when representing your dog, whether in the show ring, for sale or breeding.
- Meetings will be held at the time of the dog shows or special club events.
- Members must do their best to show dogs that meet the Biewer Terrier Standard.
- Maintain the best possible standards of health and quality of life for your dogs.
- Breed dogs and bitches that are free of serious congenital and hereditary defects.
- Keep up to date on the health and genetic issues of the breed.
- Work to control and/or eradicate inherited problems and conditions that are particular to the Biewer Terrier breed and breed as closely as possible to the standard of the breed.
- Encourage and promote responsible breeding practices.
- Encourage that both male and female breeding dogs have DNA profiles and be screened for hereditary diseases.
- Encourage spaying or neutering of animals not desirable for breeding.
- Cannot duel register BTRA dogs with any outside registries not affiliated with the Biewer Terrier Registry of America or AKC.Exception; Dog show Venues.
- Never knowingly sell to a commercial dog breeder, wholesaler, retail dealers or their agents.
- A member will not breed before the dogs are physically mature and are in good health.
- Our members will regard this Code of Ethics as a minimum standard of ethical behavior. The BTCA members will accept no less in those that they are doing business with.
- Always remember that the gifts you have, were given you from God, so be as generous when people are seeking knowledge and advice about our breed.